STAR-SPANGLED July 4th CELEBRATION
The Fourth of July is an exemplary American holiday! Throughout the history of the United States citizens have commemorated this holiday with family picnics & reunions, sporting events, great music and patriotic expressions. The Twin-Cities have had elaborate community celebrations in its past, ranging from circus’, street fairs and barbeque picnics. Today, Celebrate Bristol, coordinates the citywide observances as “Star-Spangled Celebration”.
Star-Spangled Celebration is a traditional patriotic celebration held on July 4th and includes the annual Independence parade down State Street, music, and food in Cumberland Square Park. The weekend includes the Motorcycle Poker & Bug Run, Bristol White Sox Baseball, July 4th Photo Contest(Twin City Photo Club), Miss/Mr Celebrate Bristol Photogenic Contest, Lions Club Rubber Ducky Race, Cruise-In(AACA/BVU), Drive-In Movie Under the Stars(BVU), and a traditional fireworks presentation in downtown historic Bristol. It’s a great time to bring out the family, relax to great music, enjoy a hotdog and celebrate America’s Independence in Bristol.
It’s grassroots Americana! We invite you to enter a float for your business, church, or organization in the Independence parade and enjoy the pageantry in downtown Bristol. Celebrate Bristol thanks the sponsors and community partners that makes Star-Spangled Celebration a successful event each year! Contact us today for details on the upcoming celebration!
July 3- FREE MUSIC AND MOVIES IN THE PARK
- Cumberland Square Park, Historic Downtown Bristol
- Concert by the band – “shooter” at 6:30pm – Sponsored by Bristol Virginia Parks & Rec
- Movie – “Man of Steel” at 9pm – Sponsored by BVU
*Dress the kids up as Superman for “Super March” pre-movie parade”
July 4 – STAR-SPANGLED 4TH
3:00pm – Parade Line-up on Morrison Blvd
5:00pm – Bristol’s Independence Day Parade – State Street
- Events in Cumberland Square Park
- Special Recognition of all Veterans – Presented by Danny Hill
- “Cool Down to a Summer Evening” Kids bring your swimwear and join us! – Sponsored by BVFD & BVU
- Bristol’s July 4th Photo Contest Winners – sponsored by Twin-Cities Photo Club
- Celebrate Bristol Miss & Mr Photogenic Contestant Winners
- Family Fun Events in the Park Including:
- Petting Zoo
- “Eating Contests”
- And much more!
- Free Watermelon – sponsored by Kroger
6:00pm-Star-Spangled Cat Show – TriSummit Bank Parking Lot & Adjacent Lots – Sponsored by Antique Automobile Club of America
6:15pm-Great American Lions Club Rubber Duck Race – Cumberland Square Park/Beaver Creek Basin
BORDER BASH CONCERT
7:00pm-Adam Faucett (www.adamfaucett.com)
8:45pm-Josh Daniel & Mark Schimick Project (http://joshdanielmusic.com)
10:00pm-FIREWORKS in Historic Downtown Bristol Near Cumberland Square Park
July 5 – SUPPORT THE BRISTOL PIRATES NIGHT
6:30pm-Watermelon Eating Contest at Home Plate – Sponsored by Kroger